Children's House Lead Teacher
Inly School, Scituate MA
Children's House (3-6 years)
Inly School seeks an experienced Children's House Lead Teacher to teach in a multi-age classroom (Ages 3-6) beginning in August 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Work collaboratively with a co-teacher daily. Curriculum responsibilities include comprehensive, age appropriate instruction in math, reading, writing, cultural studies, science, spelling, practical life and life skills.
● Create and maintain a prepared environment that encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence.
● Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and plan future lessons that are developmentally and academically appropriate.
Strong Candidates will have:
● Bachelor's Degree
● Master’s Degree, preferred
● Montessori credential, ages 3–6, AMS preferred (training available for qualified candidates)
● A strong foundation in and understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices
● Minimum three years teaching experience
● A demonstrated ability to embrace multicultural perspectives with experience building an inclusive environment and a commitment to anti-bias teaching practices
● Competitive pay
● Medical, dental and vision insurance
● Company-paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available
● Paid vacation, holidays, sick (faculty only) and personal time
● Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
● Tuition assistance
● Voluntary Benefits
● Life, AD&D (employer paid), Vision
● Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness
● Employer paid LTD, STD
● Free AM/PM Club and Discovery program for enrolled students of faculty
●To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org